POSITION TITLE: Account Executive FSLA status: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Direct Sales Manager
PURPOSE: This position involves selling technology solutions including telecommunications and IT related services to businesses in a highly competitive market.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Identifies, develops, and maintains favorable relationships with new clients in order to increase revenue. Consults with clients to identify technology solutions that meet current and future client needs. May require a bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of experience in outside sales with a history of success. Familiar with a variety of the field sales concepts (preferably Miller Heiman or similar), practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and a high level of activity to plan, implement, and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Understands and implements solution selling principles (preferably Miller Heiman or similar) in a field sales environment
- Prospects for customers by with a high level of urgency and activity, establishing networks and contacts; investigating potential customers moving into the area; follow-up on competitors’ disgruntled customers; follow-up on phone-in and exposition leads; planning and organizing call schedule; recommending advertising efforts.
- Presents technology products and services by providing explanations, demonstrations, and literature; asking for the sale; organizing sales team when required; writing proposals; responding to requests for proposal (RFPs) and requests for information (RFPs).
- Submits orders by obtaining account detail; coordinating requirements with installation and service.
- Learn industry technology and our array of products and services that can be offered
- Builds and expands accounts by maintaining rapport; answering requests; introducing new products and services, and upgrades; studying account needs; coordinating with customer service.
- Provides sales planning information and historical records by maintaining database on area and customer sales, sales activities, and account profiles experienced in selling solutions and communicating effective sales techniques.
- Highly motivated to meet or exceed your monthly quota consistently
- Highly active at prospecting for business customers by cold calling (phone or in-person), networking, and other lead generation on a daily basis.
- Able to prepare and present professional proposals addressing customer needs
- Updated skills in sales and industry training
- Understand and prepare accurate sales forecasts
- Tenacious and persistent to overcome obstacles to achieve goals
- Inspire others with drive and motivation to sell aggressively yet responsibly
- Highly active “hunter” to prospect and generate leads through cold calling and telemarketing
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Highly motivated self-starter who is competitive, energetic and assertive
- Excellent closing skills
- Selling to customer needs
- Must have valid driver’s license