DEPARTMENT: Care and Repair
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: This is an entry level, non-quota, front line customer service position that answers and resolves incoming customer inquiries and serves as the principal link between the company and its customers to ensure satisfaction and retention. Representatives must have an understanding and be knowledgeable about Telecommunication’s products and services and when appropriate, make recommendations for additional products or services. Care Representatives’ (CR’s) are responsible for asking questions to uncover solutions and the potential need for additional customer requirements explaining advanced procedures and policies to customers (internal and external) while offering full resolution to a high volume of incoming calls. The CR I will also process payments, assist with online accounts/passwords and address complex residential and business invoicing issues. This position requires highly effective listening, be observant to details and investigation skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks while rendering timely and efficient customer service.
• Answering inbound calls from customers and internal personnel using multiple systems’ information and other reference materials
• Processing service change requests
• Explaining billing statements and call detail information.
• Investigating billing errors and account credit requests. Making decisions utilizing investigation analysis, preparing supporting documentation.
• Processing various types of account rates, as needed for the customer for incorrect rates, carrier billing, etc.
• Complete special projects as assigned
• Consistently display professionalism and integrity
• During high volume or staffing limitations may participate in repair activity on the customer’s behalf internally and with third parties
• Create and process Help Desk tickets and follow up to customer to obtain resolution
• Continually strive to exceed Call Center and KPI goals set for the team and department.
• Other duties as assigned
• 1 year customer service or customer service experience required
• 1 years telecommunications or similar experience preferred
• Understanding LEC &/or CLEC Operations with Order Provisioning or Repair experience preferred.
• Required to support overtime and flexible schedule due to business needs
• Must display excellent communication skills and professionalism.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time in a classroom type environment
• Proficient use of the English language both written and oral
• Accomplished in use of Microsoft Office Suite- Word, Excel, Outlook
• Ability to multi-task in a dynamic business environment