Employment Status: FT
DEPARTMENT: Customer Operations FSLA status: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Repair Manager/Supervisor or Team Lead II
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: This individual makes/takes phone calls and tests with internal systems/peers, customer, vendor, LEC and Carrier personnel. This is similar to a NOC position responsible for remote repair activities on applicable service issues affecting customer data and telecommunication products. This position sits for extended period of time in front of a PC monitor and works in our Customer Care & Repair center and is not in the field. Our business hours are 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM EST; regardless, the incumbent’s shift will only consist of 8 working hours and 1 hour for lunch.
• Front line position answer repair calls from customers and agents
• Level I testing and troubleshooting of customer services via remote tools
• Testing and trouble shooting of physical layer of customer’s network
• As needed, escalate service problems with various vendors through their escalation lists and procedures or internally to the Provisioning or Network Operations teams including request of dispatch of Field Service staff for customer site issues/testing.
• Identify and report recurring customer issues and repair trends.
• As needed, work On-Call rotations or shifts may include evenings and weekends.
• Analyze tickets for common points of failures and respond accordingly.
• Obtain and provide regular updates to customers per internal policy as to their ticket status
• General administrative, recordkeeping and documentation
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• Familiarity with the analysis, associated products and repair of the following common telecommunications/ISP products:
o DS0 and POTS
o Circuits at the DS1 level
o Long Distance & Toll Free
o Remote Call Forwarding
• Experience with Class 4 &/or Class 5 switching a plus
• Experience in a NOC or similar network monitoring environment a plus
• Trouble shooting skills relevant to EMAIL, HOSTING, DNS, CPANEL, and SMTP Protocols are a plus
• Familiarity of ADTRAN TA series 6xx &/or 9xx series and other ADTRAN platforms in a mixed voice/data environment
• Experience with Routers (Cisco/Juniper) not a requirement
• LAN/WAN analysis, isolation and correction/resolution experience a plus
• Familiarity with interpreting SNMP/ICMP traps (Solarwinds, Nagios or similar) not a requirement
• PC skills in Microsoft Office – Outlook & Excel skills at intermediate or above; Word skills at basic or above
• Experience in Granite or similar equipment inventory database desired
• Experience in relevant software skills a plus
• Requires sitting for extended periods of time in front of PC monitor
• Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers and vendors in an appropriate and efficient manner both written and oral.
• Mastery of the English language both written and oral